Monday, November 30, 2009

i'm so excited!

I have been mulling over a few blog ideas in my mind that I am excited to share but in the meantime I just have to say, I AM GETTING SO EXCITED TO MEET THIS LITTLE ONE! :D

I have gone through a very clear pattern in my consciousness shifts during my pregnancy. First, it was just in fully accepting the idea that I was indeed pregnant. Secondly, I became fascinated with pregnancy symptoms and the progression of each trimester. It didn't take long for me to become engulfed in the magic and mystery of childbirth. It has been a focal point for my mind and body for the majority of my pregnancy.

A couple of weeks ago I finished up my favorite book, Ina May Gaskin's "A Guide to Childbirth" as well as concluded our 6 week birthing class. For a few days I felt like my mind was just wandering, seeking whatever crumbs it could find in order to fulfill my desire to learn and explore the birthing process more deeply.

It then hit me one day last week. I was having tea and snacks with my dear friend Lori. The table next to us had an infant in a car seat propped up and when I walked by I realized; IIIIIIII get to have one of those beautiful lil' creatures! Since then I seem to look at babies much more deeply and heartfelt. It wasn't that I didn't feel excited before, I think I was just apprehensive about being "too" excited and also letting my own "fear" of the unknown motivate and dictate where my heart's attention was. Or rather, that it masked what was already there.

Our baby is growing and developing very well. I absolutely love feeling it move. I am so blessed to have lived the life I had up to now, to be able to connect with it energetically, through Reiki while the baby is in the womb. S/he loves it too! Its amazing how well this child can hone in on energy and the sensation of touch through my belly. When I place my hands on my belly and start doing reiki, it doesn't take long until nudges and movement are felt right underneath my skin. I love doing reiki too on her/him because I can feel the overall presence of this child. In a way that is similar to being able to tell how big your right thigh is while you're sitting in a chair. I can feel the space that this little one is taking up and I love feeling it get bigger and heavier. Baby also loves it when Daddy feels the belly or when we spoon. :)

More fun blogs soon...
Thanksgiving pictures
A note on names
and GRATITUDE!!!

Be well!!
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment