Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Coming Very Soon to blogspot!


Possibly Padme is the blog for James and I's baby that is expected on January 28th, 2010. I decided to do this blog so that friends and family can tune in whenever to get an update. Plus, I can actually have this blog published at one point and think for the baby's first birthday it will make a great gift.

"Possibly Padme" because if it is a girl, as myself, Papa, and so many others feel she will be, she will be named: Padme Pearl Puckett Hacking. Padme (pronounces "Pod-May") is Sanskrit in origin and a derivative of "Padma" which means Lotus. Padme is found in the Buddhist mantra: "Om Mani Padme Hum" which has been my personal mantra since 2005. One translation of the mantra is: "The jewel of consciousness resides in the heart's lotus." Padme in this mantra is meant as the wisdom from our heart's lotus. One day while singing kirtan at my house to myself, my love, and our baby it dawned on me that I wanted to have Padme in her name. It wasn't until many weeks later that after a dream one night, I discovered that that is what her name is to be. Mama's lil' Lotus, Padme Pearl. She or he, regardless if she does bloom into Padme or as I like to joke Padre (if a boy) this life already has awakened so many jewels of the heart.

Above is a picture of Possibly Padme at 10 weeks old.

No comments:

Post a Comment