Sunday, October 11, 2009

20 week ultrasound pics

4 weeks after they were done here they are:
The baby's beautiful profile:
S/he was facing towards us, with her arms crossed and cradling her face:
Look at the lil' piggies!!
Baby gives us thumbs up! :)

I was so happy to learn that the baby is healthy and developing all of its organs and systems and both hemispheres of the brain, as well as the spinal cord. As we walked into the ultrasound room the tech asked if we'd be finding out the sex of the baby and without a moment's hesitation, I said no. I did struggle with that decision, but ultimately I knew I'd feel like I was peeking at a present before I'm supposed to see it. After seeing the baby in the ultrasound I felt even more strongly in my heart that it was a girl because of how sweet she looked. I thought, there's no way that it can't be a baby girl. But I am so happy to have either, it doesn't matter.

The ultrasound experience was so memorable for me because it was the first time I saw my baby, as a baby. It didn't look like a seed, or a sea monkey, but a living being. It was the first time I felt my motherly instinct kick in with infinite wonder and amazement at my child. What a gift...... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment