Friday, March 12, 2010

Lucas 7/52

Lucas 7 of 52, My lil' Monkey Man:


This pic was taken with my cell phone so its a bit washed out. Lucas is getting so big, probably close to, if not already, 13 pounds. He is leaning on the couch here, can't sit up quite yet but he is developing strength in his neck very well. He can hold up his head for quite some time already! 

This week it seems as though we've turned a bit of a corner with the affairs of his tummy. After a bit of research online drjacknewman.com I think he may have been having some hunger issues. Its not that I haven't been feeding him enough, its that he hadn't been getting enough "hindmilk" which has a higher fat content. It helps a baby feel satiated, and also helps digestion. Foremilk has more sugar in it which, if not in balance with hindmilk, can overload the small intestines in the digestion process. 

With that newfound information, I've been feeling a bit like a milking cow. But its been great too. I feel more connected to him, am enjoying the quite "little" moments between us, and he seems to feel more content too. 

I've been plotting my way back to work and with the closeness found between us in the last week, I wish I could find a way to stay at home all the time. I love my job though, its more than a job and is my creative outlet. I look forward to going back, but as Himay says, there is no "going back" to anything now. Its about creating it all over again. I'll be working less and have a new vision. I'm excited. 

~HJae<3

No comments:

Post a Comment