Saturday, March 6, 2010

Lucas 6/52

I have yet to write a blog dedicated to my sweet lover and Lucas' proud papa but man he deserves it. I am so thankful for his support and how available his heart is for both Lucas and I. As I mentioned before in my Mommy Meldowns R Us blog, I enlisted the help of Dunstan Baby language and qued the "Happiest Baby on the Block" DVD for techniques to communicate and calm our baby. 

I highly recommend both and think they are very complimentary as Dunstan language helps you understand what your baby is asking for and the Happiest Baby techniques help soothe a baby when they've gotten themselves in "freak-out" mode. Dunstan is particularly helpful for partners because you can have a back-up ear and there is no room for debate about what the baby needs and what should be done about it. 

In adopting these techniques, it has given Himay an ability to calm and connect with Lucas that seemed a bit evasive before. This has helped me get more "me" time and 2 nights of the best sleep I've gotten since Lucas was born 6 weeks ago. 

So here it is, Lucas 6 of the Lucas 52 photo series, Papa changing Lucas' diaper: 

and a runner up because I like it for its "artsy" quality: 


This is James doing the Swaddle/Side position/"Shushing" techniques from "The Happiest Baby" DVD.  Its freaking amazing how well it works! Although, I must admit, Papa is much better at it than I am. Yet another reason to say: THANK YOU HIMAY! I love you!

HJae<3 

No comments:

Post a Comment