Saturday, April 24, 2010

Milestone #2

So, I'd say, milestone #1 was when Lucas rolled from his tummy to his back a couple weeks ago, which I've already written about. It was great to see him do this, and I definitely felt like I contributed since I put him on his tummy in the first place, but I didn't feel like I taught him something. Which I learned last Sunday (April 18th) is like the most gratifying experience as a parent!

In this video you can hear me blowing through loose lips. I don't know why I was inspired to do this a while back, but when I did, he instantly lit up and it was a sure-fire way to get him to show is gorgeously gummy grin.





So last Sunday, we had a beautiful day spent outside walking around, at camel's back park (for our first time!), running into some friends at Java on the way home, and a family nap in the living room. After waking he had a good feeding and was cooing and making cute baby sounds. I did as I always do and mirror his sounds and talk back to him as well (Oh really... Tell me more... And then what...) and then I decided after a moment of silence to do the lip thing. He of course started grinning and then- he put his lips together and hummed as if he was doing it back!!! I couldn't believe it! I did it again, and again, he replied with the same sound. And then again, and again! It happened for 4 or 5 go-rounds. It was the best feeling ever! I felt so amazed at my child and so in love with him. In that moment I knew why some people must have child after child... it is simply amazing to see them develop skills and allow their personality to shine.

Since this amazing breakthrough, we've had these little conversations 3-4 times a day and he almost always does the sound. Sometimes he does it to me without me doing it first. It is sooo amazing and delightful!

He has been smiling back at me when I smile at him for a couple of weeks by now. I didn't realize though that this is maybe a sign of him catching on quickly. I took him to the Doc yesterday and the nurse was amazed by him mimicking her facial expressions. She kept saying "Such a smart baby!" I know, I am probably going to think that since I'm his mother, but a friend of ours was really amazed by this as well.

Either way, I just simply adore my son. He is the greatest!!

Much love,
HJae<3

No comments:

Post a Comment