Sunday, February 14, 2010

loVe day! < 3

Happy Valentines day!

After my post yesterday it occurred to me, I haven't posted any other updates about the lil' bean and I definitely should!

Lucas got 2 Valentines for his first Vday. :) One came in the mail from cousins Ella and Hayley and one came from Grandma & Grandpa Puckett. Ella is coming up to visit for Easter and is sooo excited to meet Lucas. I am so excited to have them meet too! Mama got him a crystal heart prism that she deemed is his Valentine gift from her too.

Lucas got to meet his aunti Mel yesterday and go to grandma&pa Puckett's house. Allen, Holli, and Zack were there too. (Pics later) It was the most excitement he's had yet but I think he loved it. He was a bit over-stimulated but he slept well last night.

In the three weeks that we've had Lucas so much in our lives have changed. It seems odd to say that I can't quite relate to my life before, since its only three weeks, but I truly can't. The first or second day we had him home I had a moment of grief. I was sad because the only life that I knew had disappeared and I knew that it would never return. It was a short mourning because I was (and am) so grateful for the gift that Lucas is.

In his first days home he had his eyes closed most of the time but now he's keeping his eyes open for larger periods of the day. He loves to look at light, whether from a lamp or from the window. He will sit and stare and coo at it for an hour. His head and eyes roam about from side to side and you can't help but imagine just what exactly he sees that we don't.

A few days ago I bought him a crystal heart prism to put in his window. Right now he's sitting in his crib while splotches of rainbow dance on the walls around him. I do love that he is so drawn to light when it is what his name means.

My favorite note to report on is that I made him smile the other night. TWICE! :)

AND maybe even more delightful for me... last night daddy was holding him in the rocking chair and I did my "silly bum dance" (a dance I created while I was pregnant with him actually to make Himay laugh) and Lucas started cooing and dancing and couldn't take his eyes off of me. :)

A ritual that we have with his cousins Ella and Hayley is to have a dance party before bedtime. We had a dance party the other day for the first time but after my bum dance for him, I can't wait til we can have them when he's bigger and I can see his moves!

We've also FINALLY figured out a baby carrier that works for us. We have four of them, but between the Baby Bjorn, Maya Wrap, ErgoBaby, and the Maya Tie the Maya Tie wins for this lil' newborn. Although, after a bit, he finds it too confining for his blood. But damn, having a way to strap him on, even if its for 30 minutes gives me just enough time to zoom around the house and pic up after the hurricane that has landed.

And a note about pacifiers. Ours are too big for Lucas' taste right now, but Heidi Jae gives the idea a big thumbs up. I don't want to use them often and this revelation only occurred to me yesterday, but I just wanted to note that I think they are great tools to give a Mom a few minutes to oh... say... update her blog.

Mama HJae<3
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment