Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Our Lucas Star. First, a name is born...

So we already had names chosen, but a few weeks ago I dreamt that we had a boy and named him Luke. I've always liked the name for a boy, and had felt for many years that if I ever had a son, that I would name him Luke. I must admit I think the dream surfaced because we were enjoying watching the entire Star Wars trilogy.

When it came up at the end of Dec, I knew I liked the sound of "Lucas Bryce Björn" but we didn't really talk much more about it and the topic floated away until the night before Lucas' birth. (Side note: I can't wait to have some time to sit and write the birth story! I've typed this with one hand as I sit holding Lucas as he nurses.) We watched the movie Angels and Demons and the name Luke surfaced at the end of the movie. Supposedly Luke was just as much a man of science as he was religion in the bible. I don't know this to be true or not, if you do, please feel free to share that with me.

Anyway, about 2 and a half hours before I went into labor, well, before I actually realized I was in labor, I said to Himay, "Oh, its a sign! We're going to have a son and name him Luke!"

Come the next day, it was true. But we think Lucas suits him more than Luke. It wasn't until today that I looked up the meaning and according to www.name-meanings.com here's what it means. By the way, I looked up Luke and Lucas and they both have the same meanings.




Lucas
Light
Gender: MaleOrigin: Latin

Bryce
Son Of A Nobleman
Gender: UnisexOrigin: English

Bjorn
Bear
Gender: MaleOrigin: Scandinavian

3 comments:

  1. <3
    Now I have to start thinking of boy names! OY!!!
    I can't wait to hear the birth story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luke is totally the patron saint of both physicians and artists. It's a great blend, don't ya think? And on the film note, Lucas is my favorite character from Empire Records. (Simultaneously wise and silly with a big dose of compassion.) :)
    --Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. The definition listing for Bryce made me blink. Means "son of a nobleman" but it's a unisex name? I think the editor on that site hit the wrong button! *grin*
    Anyway, made me smile! Liking the name.
    Gorgeous son, Heidi. :)
    --Alicia

    ReplyDelete