Thursday, February 4, 2010

weight, weight... do tell me!

So, a little less than 2 weeks postpartum, Lucas is weighing in at 8.9 lbs; which is a gain of .12 lbs. And Mom has already lost 24 lbs. Yippee for breast feeding!

I am a little competitive so there is a part of me that looks forward to the challenge of the beating the scale, but ultimately, I'm motivated to get my healthy lifestyle back into the swing of things. I want to lose anywhere from 20 to 30 more pounds. 30 pounds would take me to my prepregnancy weight, but I'm not really attached to getting that thin again. My goal is to be able to run 3 miles for stress relief and health benefits, and also to be kicking ass at yoga again.

Just stretching in bed before I get up has been exhilarating. I have reconnected with my body and it is wonderful. I actually have full-ish range of motion. Woo hoo!

That is all for now.
Lucas is calling for Mommy...

XOOX

No comments:

Post a Comment